Lake Placid is a hamlet in New York state known for its picture-perfect setting on the Adirondack Mountains. It is a beautiful place to go for your next journey, loaded with delicious meals as you explore the numerous outstanding restaurants that are located there.
You may discover restaurants with vast menus providing kid-friendly vegetarian, gluten-free, and vegan selections. These restaurants also offer magnificent alcoholic concoctions, such as good wine, innovative cocktails, craft beer, and other beverages of a similar kind.
I’ve narrowed down the options to include the most reputable lake placid restaurants so that you won’t be overwhelmed by the quality of your options. Get together with your friends and look at the list below.
13 Great Restaurants In Lake Placid To Dine In
We’ve had the opportunity to dine at various lake placid restaurants. Here are our top 13 best restaurants in lake placid for a tasty snack and positive vibes!
1. Salt of the Earth Bistro
In March 2017, the Salt of the Earth Bistro became a famous eating place when it first opened its doors. Spend the evening with your travelling companions at the Salt of the Earth Bistro, widely regarded as one of the city’s most acclaimed restaurants for supper.
It has a cosy ambience and a menu that is constantly being updated with new, mouthwatering meals that take their inspiration from various nations. It is also one of the top birthday lake placid restaurants because bookings can be made for the whole restaurant, the service is outstanding, and there are trained specialists ready to assist with the event planning down to the smallest detail.
- Ordering the Ethiopian Spicy Shrimp as an appetizer is a great way to get your dinner started on the right foot.
- It is shrimp seasoned with berbere and served over jollof rice and a creamy peanut butter sauce.
- If that’s the case, you should try the Gambian Peanut Stew.
- It is made up of chickpeas, red peppers, green beans, ginger quinoa, tomatoes, and tofu and is topped with a decadent peanut sauce.
5956 Sentinel Rd, Lake Placid, NY 12946, United States
2. The View Restaurant
The View Restaurant is an upscale dining establishment that opened its doors in 2004 within the Mirror Lake Inn, a four-star luxury hotel. At The View Restaurant, the best lake placid restaurant, you may enjoy a meal of exceptional cuisine while making new memories with your friends, family, or significant other.
This restaurant, which has won several awards, is distinguished by its elegant setting, beautiful views of nature, excellent service, and creative culinary offerings.
- If you like chicken meals, we recommend ordering the Free Range Chicken.
- This dish consists of locally grown organic spinach, basmati rice, wild mushrooms, sweet onions, snow peas, and an apple mustard cream.
- Your need for something precious may be satiated with a bite or two of this delicious Apple Tart.
- Some of the components include berries, apples from New York State, and ginger-flavoured ice cream.
1535 Broadway New York Marriott Marquis, 47th and 48th Floors, New York City, NY
3. The Cottage at Mirror Lake Inn
The Cottage is a dining restaurant in the exclusive Mirror Lake Inn that has garnered significant praise for its cuisine. At this remarkable restaurant, guests may indulge in some of the best cocktails in the business while savouring some of the best American comfort food.
It has a stunning setting, outstanding service, a friendly ambience, tasty alternatives for those on special diets, and beautifully prepared cuisine.
- Try the Cottage House Salad as a wholesome first course for your supper. It will set the tone for a good meal.
- This dish’s components include dried cranberries, sweet and spicy almonds, mixed greens, aged cheddar, homegrown cherry tomatoes, and a balsamic dressing.
- Ordering the Cobble Hill will allow you to sample a meal based on fowl.
- It comprises New York sharp cheddar, sliced apples, hand-carved turkey breast, and grain bread with cranberry mayonnaise.
77 Mirror Lake Dr, Lake Placid, NY 12946, United States
4. Smoke Signals
Smoke Signals is an incredibly well-respected American eating institution that can be found tucked away on the shores of Mirror Lake. If you are seeking the most excellent lake placid restaurants to sample a variety of mouthwatering foods, you should consider going to this great establishment.
A pleasant atmosphere can be found here, as well as a lakeside terrace for al fresco eating, live music on some evenings, exceptional beers on tap, and more.
- If you want to enjoy a salad packed with flavour, give the Southwest a go.
- Toppings include pork, grilled chicken, jack cheese, Romaine lettuce, onions, tortilla strips, cherry tomatoes, corn, and ranch dressing. Choose between pulled pork or grilled chicken as your primary protein.
- Choose the Smoked Reuben if you are more interested in sandwiches.
- Sauerkraut, marbled rye bread, Russian dressing, Swiss cheese, and house-smoked pastrami are all components of this sandwich.
2489 Main St, Lake Placid, NY 12946, United States
5. Caffe Rustica
Caffe Rustica is a lovely café that opened its doors in 2001 and is close to several different services, including a grocery store, a bank, and a petrol station.
Are you interested in finding nearby eateries where you and your friends may have a relaxing supper together? After that, Caffe Rustica is undoubtedly one of the most recommended restaurants in the Lake Placid area.
This gorgeous restaurant has an outside area with comfy seating set in a picturesque backdrop. They also provide off-site catering services in addition to their Italian-inspired food.
- If you are gluten intolerant, you should try the Prosciutto Spiedini instead.
- Baby arugula, fresh mozzarella, and a balsamic reduction are the ingredients encased in prosciutto.
- Ordering the Salsiccia Orecchiette is a great way to have a taste of a traditional dish from Italy.
- Olive oil, Fresno chillies, Italian sausages produced in-house, wilted arugula, goat cheese, tomatoes, and garlic are the components that make up this dish.
1936 Saranac Ave, Lake Placid, NY 12946, United States
6. Big Mountain Deli & Creperie
The Big Mountain Deli & Creperie opened its doors in 2007 and quickly became a favourite among the community. Crepes with one-of-a-kind fillings and at least 46 different sandwich options are available. At the Big Mountain Deli & Creperie, which is regarded as one of the best restaurants in lake placid, you may sample a wide variety of mouthwatering breakfast meals.
It is easy to get there, offering unique and freshly made coffee, alternatives for those following specific diets, flavorful salads, savoury and sweet crepes, and a relaxed environment.
- Visit the Roaring Brook for a delicious breakfast burrito to get your day started right. It consists of corn and black bean salsa, cheese, fresh baby spinach, avocado, eggs, and tomatoes. Additionally, it features cheese.
- Ordering the Big Slide will provide you with a delicious, whole sandwich for breakfast.
- It comprises banana peppers, salami, garlic mayo, ham, bologna, and provolone.
2475 Main St, Lake Placid, NY 12946, United States
7. Lisa G’s
A well-known eating institution, Lisa G’s offers American cuisine with various dishes influenced by cuisines worldwide. If you are a gourmet seeking a place to dine in Lake Placid where you can sample a variety of delicious foods, Lisa G’s is an excellent choice to consider.
It has a diverse assortment of culinary options, choices appropriate for children, a deck with fire pits, and a vast range of beer, fine wine, and drink options.
- The My Big Fat Greek Dish is a mouthwatering salad that you are welcome to try.
- Tomatoes, red wine vinegar, feta cheese, pepperoncini, onions, kalamata olives, and cucumbers are the components that make up this dish.
- If you are looking for a meal with meat for supper, the Pork Verde Tostada is an excellent option.
- Corn tortillas that have been fried and topped with Verde pork that has been braised for a long time, rice, queso fresco, avocado cream sauce, black beans, and pico de gallo.
6125 Sentinel Rd, Lake Placid, NY 12946, United States
The Wyatt’s restaurant is a barbeque joint that also serves Tex-Mex food. You’ll be able to get it at the Alpine Mall, which is a retail area on the river. This fantastic restaurant is an excellent alternative when looking for informal places to dine in Lake Placid with your friends. It serves up some of the city’s most excellent lunch options.
It is a casual restaurant with pleasant staff, a vibrant atmosphere, vegetarian options on the menu, and numerous signature dishes created in-house.
- Order the Mexico City burrito for a delicious meal that is prepared in the Mexican way.
- Peppers, sour cream, sweet potatoes, cilantro, maize, onions, and lime are the components that make up this dish.
- Are sandwiches your go-to choice when you need a little TLC?
- After that, you need to try the Smoked Chicken Sandwich.
- It comes with a chicken breast smoked with chipotle, onions, lettuce, tomatoes, ranch dressing, and a side of coleslaw.
202 SE 2nd Ave, Gainesville, FL 32601, United States
9. Generations Tap & Grill
At the Golden Arrow Resort, the Generations Tap & Grill is a well-liked restaurant known for serving delectable meals consisting of three courses.
At the Generations Tap & Grill in Lake Placid, you and your loved ones, friends, or significant other may enjoy some of the most delicious meals in the city while also spending valuable time together.
This restaurant is decorated in a lodge style and has an intimate atmosphere. The staff is kind and helpful, and the food is presented elegantly.
- Order the Noah John to taste one of the house specialities.
- Cornbread brushed with butter and grilled, topped with two eggs, homemade sausage gravy, and fresh scallions are included in this dish.
- Ordering the Blue Mountain Lake will get your day off to a great start with a delectable breakfast.
- These three pancakes have been flavoured with blueberry puree and are topped with blueberries and lemon butter produced in-house.
- Additionally, it comes with a side dish of the meat of your choosing.
2543 Main St, Lake Placid, NY 12946, United States
10. Moose Lodge Boathouse Restaurant
The Moose Lodge Boathouse Restaurant is a traditional American dining establishment that may be found inside a posh lakeside resort and club.
It would help to consider this fantastic cafe when searching for the most popular restaurants to sample delicious American food in the middle of breathtaking landscapes.
It offers a laid-back atmosphere, facilities that are accessible to people with disabilities, a fantastic cuisine that caters to those with specific dietary requirements, and a comprehensive range of wine, unique cocktails, beer, and spirits.
- I would recommend the Lobster BLT to you if you are a fan of foods that include seafood.
- It is a brioche bun with herb mayonnaise, arugula, Lobster, charred tomatoes, and bacon all stuffed inside it.
- Do you feel like having a delicious flatbread for lunch today?
- Then, the BBQ Chicken Flatbread comes highly recommended by me.
- This dish has pulled chicken marinated in molasses barbecue sauce, chives, caramelized onions, and Italian mixed cheese.
30 Marina Way, Lake Placid, NY 12946, United States
11. Sol De Oro
The Sol de Oro now operates as a sports bar and grill under its full name, the Sol de Oro. It may be found near many tourist attractions and entertainment venues. Sol De Oro is an excellent option if you seek fantastic restaurants in Lake Placid to eat mouthwatering meals with your pals while also forging stronger bonds.
It has a vibrant atmosphere, a bar that offers full service, an interior design that is visually beautiful, and an extensive menu that includes burgers, wraps, salads, pizza, and many other options.
- Following a vegetarian diet, you should get the Veggie Wrap.
- It is topped with a balsamic glaze, lettuce, fresh mozzarella, peppers, onions, and mushrooms that have been sautéed.
- Sample a delicious panini by ordering a Steak Panini for yourself.
- It comes with mozzarella, onions, red roasted peppers, and mushrooms in addition to a New York strip.
2617 Main St, Lake Placid, NY 12946, United States
12. Delta Blue
The Grand Adirondack Hotel is a historic building that dates back to the 19th century. The Delta Blue Restaurant is a well-known eatery that opened in 2012 in the Grand Adirondack Hotel. When looking for restaurants close to you that serve food with a Southern influence and have occasional live music performances, The Delta Blue is an excellent choice to consider.
You may play a fun game of pool here and enjoy a well-lit environment that exudes a lively feel, fashionable décor, and craft beers available on tap.
- If you want to sample a Southern speciality, you should get the Bayou La Fourche Tacos.
- Two tacos are served here with a choice of crawfish, grilled shrimp, gator, sour cream, lime citrus slaw, cilantro-lime rice, guacamole, pickled onions, and fresh salsa.
- By ordering the Original North Woods Cheeseburgers, you may have a hamburger that is both meaty and juicy.
- It comes with your choice of cheese, lettuce, red onions, tomatoes, and two burger patties made from all-natural beef that has been charbroiled.
19901 Gulf Fwy, Webster, TX 77598, United States
13. Mis Amigos
Mis Amigos is a well-known restaurant near lake placid NY, that focuses on serving authentic Mexican food. It first opened its doors in the year 2015. At Mis Amigos, which is widely regarded as one of the city’s finest eateries, you and your travelling companions may forge new bonds while indulging in delectable dishes.
This unique eating place is known for its genuine Mexican cuisine, excellent interior design, inviting atmosphere, and helpful and pleasant personnel.
- Chimichangas are a popular dish in Mexico; you should try them.
- It is a burrito that has been deep-fried and is served with lettuce, pico de gallo, and sour cream.
- If you’re a fan of seafood dishes, you should try the beer-battered cod.
- It is a cod fillet battered in beer, deep-fried, and served with coleslaw.
5411 Circle Down, Golden Valley, MN 55416, United States
What food is the Adirondacks known for?
There has been a rebirth in the production of local goods in the Adirondacks in recent years. These goods include anything from maple syrup to grass-fed meats, as well as local wines, breweries, and unusual veggies.
Does lake places have a downtown?
The downtown is home to many charming stores and eateries. Downtown is a little park area where you can observe the lake. There are apparel boutiques and souvenir shops there. Also, free trolley transport travels downtown, saving the need for parking meters.
What food should you not miss in New York?
New Yorkers have been eating doughnuts with their morning coffee for decades. In recent years, artisan bakers have been pushing the edge with fascinating new pastry concoctions. The cronut is perhaps the most well-known of these innovations.